May 1, 2013

Favorite Buttermilk Pancakes

I have been doing a lot of recipes lately--I'm trying to get my recipes organized in paper as they are on my Pinterest board.  I expect to be done....um, probably never.  Always a work in progress.

This morning was a pancake morning and a good batch it was.  They were light, fluffy and ooh oooh scrumptious!




Printable recipe

Favorite Buttermilk Pancakes

  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and butter.  Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Stir until just combined.  The batter will be a bit lumpy…mix enough to cover all the flour bits.
Heat a griddle pan or a cast iron skillet over medium heat.  Add a teaspoon of oil or a dab of butter and heat through.   Heat until bubbles form and start to pop.  Carefully flip over and cook through.   Place cooked pancakes on an oven proof plate and let rest in a 200 degree oven while you fry the rest of the pancakes. Makes 8-10 pancakes.
Options:  
  • To make a fresh lemony pancake add zest of one lemon to sugar and add into the the egg, milk and butter mixture.
  • I like to double this and freeze my leftover pancakes for busy or lazy mornings.
  • I love syrup just like the next guy, but to watch our sugars we eat ours with greek yogurt and bananas or mushed strawberries, and nuts.  Any berries or fruits would be scrumptious!!
  • Add in nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit for a little somethin' extra special.
Also what I like to do is pre-make my flour mixture in a jar (*mix it up nice and good) so all I need to do for the next pancake morning is the wet ingredients.  One cup equals one batch.  

And there you go!  A yummy breakfast-fast!  And don't mind the ghetto taped on label.  My label maker should be coming any day now.... {I'm going to be labeling EVERYTHING ;} eeheeehee!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...