February 15, 2013

A cute to boot tabbed notebook

If there's one thing about me, that drives me nutty-it's not having something where I need it when I need it.  Which seems to happen while it's late in the afternoon with two kids who've had no naps and are hungry and my purse seems to be a bottomless pit of diapers and fruit snack wrappers and I just want to cry and rip my hair out and throw a mini tantrum in the middle of the store. 

A little exaggerated as that may sound, it sometimes does happen, at least to me.  I always seem to forget to write something down or do write something down on a sticky or a paper that gets stuck to something else or lost in my giant black hole I call my purse or gets accidentally thrown away by my husband because "it looked like trash to me".

Or I go to the storage rental to pick up our boat and EVERY time I seem to forget our passcode... the list could go on and on.

These days my mind might as well be a bowl of cold cereal mush.  Like the other day I had just got out of the truck and was looking for my little E.  I soon became frantic because I could not see her ANYWHERE!  One of the girls that I was with said, um, hey ash...you're holding her.


I just about threw the towel in right there I was so frustrated I couldn't locate my own daughter in my arms.  Oh-My-Lanta.

So back to the reason to help my madness:

 
a notebook to solve all of my problems...

oh how I wish.  
It can solve a few tho :)
 Here's how I made it.
  • notebook-any size will do depending on what you need it for. I wanted one that is handy enough to store my info but small enough to fit in my purse. $1.88 at Wally {Walmart}
  • cardstock
  • scrabbook paper
  • ruler or straight edge
  • double sticky tape


  1. I took the back flap of the notebook and traced around it on cardstock so I could get a rough idea of what I was working with.  And starting at the top I measured a 1-1/12" tab length and about 1/4" width.  How many tabs you want and how far you'd like your tab to stick out depends on your preference.
  2. Trace your tabbed cardstock onto scrapbook paper {for a decorative flare}.  I was working with scrapbook paper scraps so the cardstock is half covered which is fine for me since I won't be spending a lot of time looking at it. 
  3. Adhere your scrapbook paper to your card stock.
  4. Stick your pretty cardstock inside your notebook to make sure the sides are squared away-cut away sides down as needed.
  5. Divide your notebook into fourths (for how many tabs you made) and double sticky your cardstock to a page.
  6. Label and voila!  

    On this page I have the bottom left as my first tab, flipped the page around and marked my second tab.


  
Your very own tabbed notebook.  With a personal touch :)


Also could use to to store

  • thoughts
  • funny things kids say or do that you don't want to forget
  • menus
  • favorite recipes 
  • passcodes or login information 
  • instructions (perfect for my MIL to help her remember how to import photos ect.)
  • addresses/phone numbers
  • wish list
  • gift list
  • to do list
  • project list
What would you put in there?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...