Here are some random facts about the month of February. Why do we love these useless facts so much?? But first things first, a little background info on Ground Hog Day since we missed it yesterday:
- The second day of February is referred to as GROUND HOG's DAY! The old stories told are that the ground hog comes out of it's burrow on February 2, to look for it's shadow. If there is sunshine and he sees his shadow, then he goes back to sleep and there will be more winter time. If he doesn't, then the spring time will begin! (So did the ground hog see his shadow or what yesterday? I never heard -Not that there has been much winter this year anyways)
- February 1965 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon
- Valentine's Greetings have been found that date back into the 1400's
- Both Washington's and Lincoln's Birthdays were in February
- February is National grapefruit and chocolate month
- February was named after the Latin word "februa" which means Cleansing or purification, and reflects the purification ritual undertaken before Spring.
And here is just a little February quote for your enjoyment ;)
Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November;
All the rest have thirty-one,
Excepting February alone
Which hath but twenty-eight, in fine,
Till leap year gives it twenty-nine.