September 6, 2011

Huckleberry Raspberry Jam

YUMMMMM!! 
There's nothing better than homemade jam, and let me warn you, Once you go homemade, you can NEVER go back! It's the truth. I tried buying store bought jam when I ran out of my homemade goodness, I learned my mistake quickly never to be made again. The entire time while huckelberry picking, I was dreaming of a piece of warm toast smothered in Huckleberry Raspberry Jam.... needless to say I was salivating the entire time I was in the woods, but after seeing spiders on my huckelberry's I could only dream of what they would taste like..
So are you ready for this life-changing recipe? 
Here's what you'll need:
4 cups berries
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 cups sugar

First you'll bring your vinegar and berries to a boil


Stir Constantly. Gradually add in sugar then boil for 5 mins. 


Pour into a glass container

Stir occasionally. Let it sit for 24 hours, then bottle and freeze!
OR
Eat with a delicious piece of toast and enjoy.....
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!! I just bought fruit and cans to make my own home-made jam. So excited :)

    Hope you girls had a wonderful holiday weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to make this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...