August 30, 2011

Tute Sweet Tuesday

Do you know what I love most about people who have gardens?  Reaping the rewards :) 
Baha! I know, so lazy of me, right?
I have a garden {that I started two months too late :} But it is soooo not even ready to harvest.  But my super Mother-in-Law let me have some of her garden freshy veggies that looked de-VINE! 

Now, my Spunky is a little picky about his veggies which meant I would be eating these on my own, and knowing how well I go through veggies... {even though little E will help with her ice cube baby food } I still might not go through them fast enough.

I saw as I was going through my Betty Crocker Cook Book yesterday afternoon, figuring out the dreaded "What's for dinner?" question and found a page on how to make your own pizza dough and thought...mmm a FRESH! veggie garden pizza.  

Sounds a little {trulie} scrumptious, no?
Here's what I did!
To make the dough you will need:
1/2 cup of warm water (105-115 degrees)
a packet of yeast (2-1/4 tsp)
Dissolve yeast.

Then add about 3/4 of flour 
1 tsp e.v.o.o. (extra virgin olive oil)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 sugar
{Sad I know that from memory... I made two extra doughs that I put in my freezer the next time I'm jonesing for some PiZZA :}

Mix all together and place on a lightly floured surface.  Knead for 10 mins adding about 1/2 cup or so more flour as you go.  You want the dough to be smooth and springy.  Place in a warm area and cover for 20 mins.  After 20 mins punch down the air and place in the fridge-covered for 2 hours, but no more than 48 hours.  

After waiting patiently for your bread to rise, heat oven to 425 and chop up some veggies.  I smoothed my dough with a rolling pin and put it on a round pizza pan, making the sides thicker than the middle.  Lather the dough with a drizzle of e.v.o.o., or use your favorite pizza sauce, cover the bottom with mozzarella or Italian cheese.  Place your veggies perfectly on pizza.  I used tomatoes, yellow and green squash.  Drizzle some more evoo and sprinkle with even more cheese, fresh basil, salt, pepper and oregano.  I dashed a tad of cayanne pepper and it gave it a nice bearable heat to it. 
MMMMMmmmmm.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.  

Pop out of oven and enjoy with a nice garden salad and {Cafe Rio} tomatillo ranch sauce with sunflower seeds.
 Delish, no?!

What delish recipes do you use with your fresh garden veggies?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...