August 18, 2011

Ashlie's Favorite Things: Fruity Ice Cuby Smoothies

I am so excited about this post, I'm just about to pee my pants!  So yesterday, if you remember, I did a post on how you MYO baby food. 
(if not-here's a refresher)
And you thought it was Awesome...right?! 

But today I've created the ultimate ice cube treat for YOU!  
(Baby can have some too if you're willing to share :)
Are you ready?!
EEEEK!



-----------






I MadeMyOwn:

Fruity Ice Cube Smoothies.

Can I get a YUM-O?

So, methinks I'm a genius and that I've discovered the next best thing next to sliced bread, but I'll let you be the judge.

Here's how you make 'em.

Along the same lines as the baby food: we're gonna blend in some fruit for our ---fruity ice cuby smoothies.  I've done some blueberries with bananas, along with yogurt and a little bit of milk.  I only made a small test batch, so I only threw in a little handful of everything. Next time for sho' I'm making more!

  But what would also be AMAAA-ZINGLY HEALTHY, which I'm not getting there- you can add plain yogurt (or go GREEK!), skim milk and some lean protein mix.  And if you're brave enough, put in some carrots or spinach...  
Whirl it up nice and thick.
 {I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.}

 Pour into your ice cuby tray.  As you can see I dribbled and mixed my pineapple, banana, mango smoothie (heavenly BTW) with my blueberrie* banana.   But no worries, you can't mess up perfection like this :)
(*note: I've spelt {trulie} too many times, I add "ie" to everything...probably b/c I like it better that way?  Yeah. Most Definitely.)
 Freeze for a couple hours, until, well--frozen.  Then add a few cubies to your blender with some milk.  I did 3 cubes with about 1/4C milk for a small smoothie.  I'll do 6 with about 1/2C milk for my breakfast in the morning :)
 Can you say perfection? Mmmmm!

So now you know my most latest and GREATEST invention yet -an even faster way to get your morning, noon, or evening {or midnight!} smoothie snack in like 10 SECONDS!  

Go get busy and MYO Fruity Ice Cuby Smoothies!  
Go! 
Go! 
Go!

Tell us how they turn out!:) 


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving these ice cube fruit to go recipes! :) SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO want to make this! Looks so tasty!

    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share! I adore your cute blog & appreciate your support!

    Ps--I have a giveaway going on now, check it out if you'd like!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/uprinting-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...