April 25, 2011

The S word...

(Cue Jaws theme music)


Ok all you ladies/and/or/guys. 
It's coming.  
It's coming quicker than you think.
Yes, I know you know it.
And dread it with each passing day.  

What you ask? 


Swimsuit season!!!
(ree-ree-ree-ree)


 Every year around this season I get this weird idea in my head that I'm going to look so hot-so fab in my skeeny ba-keenee (big LOL), but I always look back on pictures and say "BLAAA..." and throw up a little in my mouth.
(Ok, I'm not that gross)

All I have to say to you is this:  
NOT THIS YEAR! 
  (as my husband now tempts me with a cream filled donut.... not cool Spunky...not cool.)


Forget New Years Resolutions!  Forget re-resoluting your resolution!  This swimsuit season let us all stand up and challenge ourselves to look so fabulously hot and to look back on summer 2011 photos and say:
" Who's that Lady? (who's that lady...)  
Sexy Lady (who's that lady...)
No more BLAAAs. and EWWWs.  From now on how bout some Oooohs and Ahhhs.  How nice would it be to post that hotness picture of yours on FB making all those girls from high school jealous. Ya, you know the one's I'm talking about. {wink, wink}
From my point of view, it's not about making drastic changes in your diet and exercise and being super model thin.  No siree- Bob.  (Remember I LOVE food!)  For me, I just want to look good and feel good; on the inside and out.  All it takes is making small healthy changes in your day to day-ness.  
And here's how WE're gonna do it, and I say WE cuz WE're going to be each others' accountabili-buddies. (nice huh?)

Four for...er-For four weeks, we will be working one thing each week-starting TODAY!  

"But Ashlie," -you ask, "why not start the beginning of May?!"

Because the last week in May is Memorial Day-the day the pool opens up.  We want to strut our stuff right from day one! So each week we will have a new challenge to work on.  Roz and I are counting on YOU to help US be accountable too.  
(Even tho Roz is supermodel skeeny and already looks amaaaz-zing!) 

So the challenge for the beginning of this week is to:

Step away from the cream filled donut!
--and exchange it for something else. 

Simple right?

Eat a carrot, walk around the block, get a tall drink of water, do 50 lunges, (oooooh how I hate them, but they work!) or organize that junk drawer in lou of those empty calories. 

If you have to, write down the reasons why you'd like to cut out sweets.   Do it!  It helps.

OR if you are subject to the office vending machine at 2:30 in the afternoon, put the money you would have used to buy that Snickers Bar in a jar and watch the coins stack up and save it for a new somthin'somthin' for ya!    Instead of those Ho-ho's or Tater Skins grab a snack from home.  Grapes or a handful of nuts are great to munch on AND you're getting nutritional value for the day.

I'm not talking taking out sweets 100%-that would be crazy talk!  Remember-just baby steps. We're just getting the unnecessary sweets out of the way to become one step closer to a hot bod summer, and a better, healthier lifestyle.  Plus, no matter what your age is, it's better to start NOW than later-right?  Get your friends and family members involved too so that you can make them your accountabili-buddies as well. 

And remember Roz and I will be doing this too-even if it kills us (probably not likely).  If you need support, you can ALWAYS email, FB, or Twitter us.  We got your back.  
And you'll got ours...RIIIGHT? :)

P.S. Let us know what works for you to curb your want for sweets!



5 comments:

  1. OOh, I'm loving this post! I just started training for my first 5K last week ANNND my little brother is getting married in August, so I'm all about being healthy and getting skinny right now! Lately, to curb my want for sweets I've been freezing bananas (riper ones) and then blending it up with a little milk, cocoa powder and peanut butter. You blend it to the consistency of frozen yogurt and it is SERIOUSLY so good! Since the bananas are ripe, they're really sweet and I don't even add sugar! So...I feel like I'm being naughty when I'm really not! *LOVE IT* And of course I totally have your back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh jeez....you wanna know what curbs my need for sweets????

    SWEETS!
    LOL...I'm in trouble-huh?

    I have a 5k to do in a bit too. I will be good with y'all.

    (somebody slap me if they see me with a Reeses Peanut Butter Egg please??)

    ...frozen grapes are good. And EAT BREAKFAST!!! A handful of unsalted almonds...I'm talking like SEVEN almonds. THAT is your serving... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so fun! I want to have health fitness buddies so bad! And, now I do!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad i have accountabiliti-buddies. i was eating really good the last few weeks & lost some weight, but Easter happened. whoops, hello 5lbs i lost, how'd you find me so quickly?! anyways.. keep the posts coming! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I've joined fun on a dime for their Fit for Summer challenge (and they happen to be giving away a swimsuit!)
    This has been my big kicker, we're doing no sugar, nada. Turns out sugar free chocolate is still pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...